Friday, October 3, 2008

Fleas, Ticks, Bugs, OH NO!!!


Nothing I hate more than creep crawly bugs on me. But I also hate putting those burning chemicals onto my skin every month too! However, living in SW Florida, and being as hot, tropical and humid it is down here, it is bug season 365 days of the year!
So I try to use as little of the frontline plus as I can, but what I really love is GARLIC! **now, don't panic....A lot of people think that garlic is toxic to dogs, ANYTHING in extreme is toxic. And do NOT give garlic to cats. But it is actually very safe for dogs. I get garlic every morning in my breakfast. World renown holistic vet, Dr. Marty Goldstein (drmarty.com) also is an advocate for garlic as a natural bug deterrent. I order the air dried garlic granules from SpringtimeInc.com. Quoted from their site:

-Garlic Provides a 24-hour shield against flies, ticks, mosquitoes, gnats, etc.
-Safe, effective alternative to chemical products,
-One of the world’s most powerful antioxidant foods,
-Promotes friendly bacteria in the digestive tract,
-Provides four times more organic sulfur than any other food,
-Contains natural MSM,
-Stimulates immunity – antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, & anti-parasitic.

http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/148/2

1 comment:

LF said...

I totally agree with you on keeping the fleas and bugs at bay and using the one spot treatments as little as possible. We have cats who will not touch garlic unfortunately, but we've had some success with Cedarcide Best Yet on keeping the fleas away. The only problem with the product, which is all natural, is it has to be reapplied periodically vs. one spot treatments. I also use it for mosquito repellent on me :)

Linda
VetLocator.com