Thursday, October 30, 2008

what I choose to CHEW



My gums and teeth need exercise too. A good way to keep yo grills clean is chewing! But are you chewing on the right stuff? There are a few chews I just cannot live without.
1. Kong - I love my kong! Fill it with peanut butter, then freeze for longer lasting treat! Or yogurt, pears, apples, the possibilities are endless.
2. Bully Sticks - made up of dried bull tendon and penis, this long lasting tough chew is 100% digestible! Now I know many people just love rawhide, but it does not digest. Especially if you have a heavy chewer, watch very carefully. And if you DO buy rawhide bones, please only made in USA.
3. Marrow Bones- right from the butcher at local meat shop. Cut off all excess meat (if there is anything left) and freeze for at least 48 hours to kill off any bacteria (just in case!) I can spend hours trying to get all the mineral rich marrow out.
4. Himalayan Chew- Made by boiling yak and cow milk and then dried for several weeks to create a hard chew. DELISH! and long lasting.
Check out bestbullysticks.com for great prices and chew selection!

No comments: